Schools require line markings for many reasons. These lines are seen in different areas of the school, including playgrounds. Playground markings are helpful in encouraging children to go out and have fun playtime with other students. Having these markings is an innovative way to enhance their learning and development progress.
For years now, many schools in Australia have understood the importance of allowing kids to use outdoor space. While classroom learning is crucial to improving their knowledge in various subjects, socialising with fellow students is just as significant. That’s why you should always choose a reputable company for school and playground line marking.
What are the Benefits of Line Markings for Schools, Playgrounds and Day Care Centres?
- Boost Physical Activity – Children are naturally active. They love to play, especially outdoors. Providing ample space for playtime is important, but it won’t encourage them enough. Kids will become more interested in going to the playground when there are lines that represent their favourite games. And when they see these colourful lines, they will undoubtedly want to go out and play. That’s a proven effect of line markings, especially on the playground.
- Encourage More Participation – Kids these days are always indoors because they would rather play video games. With an average of seven hours per week in school, it seems a massive challenge for parents to convince their kids to spend more time outdoors. And that’s why daycare centres and schools encourage students to be more active during lunchtime or breaks.With playground markings, there’s a dedicated space for children to enjoy the outdoor area. The surface paints can depict a variety of games, including snakes and ladders, hopscotch squares, basketball, and football. Because children have the right tools for learning and participation, they will be more interested in physical activities. The markings are not just applicable outdoors. They can also be painted inside facilities, such as the stadiums for indoor games.
- Improve Social Skills – Children thrive better when they have developed their personal and social skills. Sports like basketball can instil many good qualities within the players. These activities promote resilience, communication, teamwork, and sportsmanship.The playground and other play areas in the school are like classroom extensions. With teachers motivating children to use these spaces, they can facilitate social learning. Sports marking in school can have an effective contribution to the growth and development of young kids. Schools have the opportunity to be as innovative as they can in this aspect. They can select to have maps, compasses, multiplication grids, and mazes painted on the ground.Depending on the space available, there can be full-size board games or even dartboard targets or something as simple as A to Z and numerical illustrations on the floor. How can this help children socialise? These figures can help them learn together, making it more fun for everyone.
- A Creative Way to Learn – With colourful representations of numbers and alphabets, children can verbalise what they are thinking or imagining in a fun and creative way. Teachers can turn ABCs and 123s into exciting games for the kids. The images can become a good learning resource. English, phonics, and maths can be taught with school markings. Because they are vibrant and large, children often have no trouble remembering them.Young people tend to get bored quickly when they are confined to one room. Even an hour of studying can have them yawning or grumpy. When there are school and playground markings available, teachers have the option to take the class outside of the traditional space. Learning is more fun and interactive, which the kids will surely love.
- Enhance Motor Skills – Many games require hand-eye coordination and motor skills. Some kids may be afraid to try certain activities. However, the ground markings can be set up in a way that can improve their motor skills. For example, the markings on the playground can be used for the kids to crawl around, walk in a straight line, hop to a certain square, and do other similar activities. Basketball is also a good sport that helps develop hand-eye coordination.
Quick and Easy Application
Line markings, when done by professionals, do not need to take long. Of course, preparation is vital to ensure that the lines will remain as vibrant as possible for many years. That means you will not require line remarking anytime soon. The right products and a skilled team of markers are a combination you need to have durable and sustainable lines.
Linemarking and Signs WA can update day care centres and playgrounds with lines that children find fun and enjoyable. We offer ground marking services that are proven to initiate imaginative play and motivate various learning styles. There’s no reason to limit learning in classrooms. Extend it to the outdoor area, gym, and stadium for unique activities during break time. Contact us today for a customised line marking service in your school or playground.